Meeting and Reception rooms
The eight-column rotunda, under the dome was constructed from an open gallery dating from the 16th century. It was built by the architect and urbanist Giuseppe POGGI, responsible for the major modernisation projects in Florence when the city became capital of Italy in 1866. It is the heart of the edifice.
From there, we reach the large reception rooms overlooking the south garden. This space is suitable for receptions and other cultural events.
The Michelangelo gallery is covered with trompe-l’oeil hanging curtains, with embedded columns. The floor is in Venetian marble.
The gallery opens into the former music room, the Lully room, decorated with friezes and representations of the Muses.
The Bernin room is decorated with fine gilded leaves and trompe-l’œil. It can accommodate meetings of up to twelve participants.
On the other side of the Villa, the former stables, renamed the Leonardo da Vinci room, is suitable for receptions and exhibitions.
The descriptive catalogue of the Villa was made by students of the Boulle School as part of a pedagogical project. Others developed furniture for the redecoration of the Poggi rotunda.