The Villa Finaly was built on the hills of Fiesole, during the early 15th century. Five centuries later, in 1953, the Villa was left to the University of Paris by the Landau-Finaly family. During the 1990s, the 13 Universities which now compose the University of Paris, and which had therefore become the owners in common of the Villa, decided to give restore the building to its original splendour. The restoration and restructuring has now been completed. The Universities of Paris now dispose of a prestigious property in Florence, a valued meeting place for university development, and scientific and cultural cooperation between Italy and France.