Salle des Autorités
Located right in the heart of Paris, in an exceptional setting for your ceremonies: symposiums, conferences, cocktail receptions, film shoots, etc.
This room is used as the hall of the Grand Amphitheatre. Here, personalities meet before stepping onto the podium. The ceiling is supported by four limestone columns by Corgoloin, and the paving is marble.
Paintings by Hélène Dufau (the only woman to have participated in the decoration of the Sorbonne):
- Astronomy and Mathematics, Geology, Zoology, Radioactivity, Magnetism
- Paintings by Ernest Laurent: Poetry, History, Philosophy, Eloquence
- “The Arts Faculty” by Léon Fagel
- “The Science Faculty” by Jules Blanchard
This room was entirely renovated in 1993.
- 194 square metres
- Maximum capacity: 180 standing, 100 seated
The entrance is located at 47, Rue des Ecoles. Presence on list of names and invitation card are required for entry.
Contact: Bureau des cérémonies (Ceremonies Service) – Tel: + 33 (0) 1 40 46 20 19